August 22nd, 2016 by Sherry Grantz
News from the Flagging and Communications- by Rhea Dods
The third event was the Season Opener Regional at Laguna Seca.
- Well as usual, the fog had to be incorporated into the Friday and Saturday schedules, as we had to wait to start the day due to visibility issues. However, Sunday was clear and sunny.
- We welcomed 4 new members to our crews: Waheed Brown, former motorcycle racer; Bill Browning, who flagged in the past with Cal Club, has been absent for a few years, and is joining our crews and expects to be quite active this season; Nik Peter, who brought his great smile and enthusiasm to his first event; and Joseph Singh, who wrote us and said he had a great time and will join us at the Laguna events.. WELCOME Waheed, Bill, Nik and Joe.
- A shout out to our one day workers: Jack Daniels and Paul Clark, who joined us on Friday to help. Appreciate it JD and Paul. And Mike Lee for joining us on Sunday. Thanks Mike.
- It was so nice to have Bruce Runyan as Flag Chief for Friday and his help as a logger in the tower. Also, it was great to see his daughter Sandy. Thanks guys.
- There was some great racing and the novices did a very good job.
Next up will be our historic, unique and prestigious Ultimate Challenge MAJORS event at Thunderhill April 6-10!!!! Want to get on a corner at our 2016 events? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll put you in touch with the flagging chiefs.