Opportunity to manage Timing and Scoring for SFR
January 10th, 2017 by Sherry Grantz
The position of Timing & Scoring Chief is currently vacant. After 10 years on the job, the prior Chief has retired. This is a great opportunity to make a difference in the Region and the racing careers of all SFR drivers.
The Timing & Scoring Chief is responsible for producing and verifying results for SFR regional races, specifically by:
- Making sure T&S equipment is set-up and in working order, prior to the start of each event.
- Managing current T&S staff (back-up tapers, 4 computer operators, results producer).
- Verifying that each competitor is registered properly in the system.
- Compiling and publishing the Provisional and Official Results and Race Grids.
- Working with drivers that are late entries or have problems with numbers or transponders.
- Breakdown and storage of T&S equipment at the end of the event.
- Prior to event weekend: 30 minutes (email crew about event, etc.)
- Event days: full day plus 30 minutes prior to start and 60 minutes after final checker flag
- After event weekend: 30 minutes to record attendance and update the Attendance Chief and send out an email thank you.
To learn more about this opportunity, contact Regional Executive Gary Pitts or the Region Office:
Gary Pitts: firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-559-1064
Region Office: email@example.com or 530-934-4455