Bob Bradfield Celebration of Life

Sunday, 15th December from 1:00 PM
to 4:00 PM

Where:
Cowell Ranch Hay Barn
94 Ranch View Road
Santa Cruz, Ca 95060

We are trying to get an idea of how many people are going to be coming to Celebrate the Amazing Life of Bob (Bobcat) Bradfield. Please let us know if you are coming so we can plan accordingly by indicating on the evite.

November 3rd we learned of the tragic death of Bob (Bobcat) Bradfield. He will be greatly be missed by the racing community. Our thoughts and condolences are with his friends and family.

Bob Passed away unexpectedly on Friday, November 1st. His wife, Annie, and family  have requested, in lieu of flowers, that donations be made to the SFR Region Workers Appreciation Fund. This fund assists Volunteers for the region in covering various expenses incurred during their many hours of volunteering and making the Regional Road Racing program work. God Speed Bobcat!

20 Responses to “Bob Bradfield Celebration of Life”

November 03, 2019 at 6:42 pm, Bruce Brunner said:

Truly sad news for all of us.

November 04, 2019 at 2:35 pm, Donna Gilio said:

I am so sad to hear of this tragic news. I will never forget our epic battles racing together. I am gonna miss you Bobcat. We will all be together in racing heaven with our other friend, Ron Cortez

November 04, 2019 at 8:02 pm, Jim Griffin said:

Bob was a great guy and I met him through his bicycle shop. Bought all my bikes from him and had the privilege to watch him race recently at Laguna.
His positive attitude and knowledge will be missed.

November 04, 2019 at 8:44 pm, Ali Naimi said:

A true racer in heart and enjoyed all our conversations at the track and will truly miss you. May you rest in peace and know that you touched a lot of people and will miss you dearly.

November 04, 2019 at 9:04 pm, Randy Mackintosh said:

RIP Bobcat…you were ALWAYS one I could count on to put a smile on my face at the track…so many hours of fun and good times…

November 05, 2019 at 2:25 pm, Brent Hatchet said:

Bobcat Rides Forever

November 06, 2019 at 12:03 am, James hull said:

In my first season I learned alot from bob. He was one of many of my mentor’s going through my first year back to racing.
His smile. His crew. His team are all in my heart.
turn 4 at Laguna won’t be the same.
Jim

November 06, 2019 at 8:34 am, Kyle Chaney said:

Hello Racing Community,

This is Bobcat’s nephew. Thank you so much for your kind words. Bobby absolutely loved getting out on the track as much as possible and all the camaraderie he felt there. Since before he could even drive all he ever wanted to do was go fast, whether it was a bike, Skis, motorcycle, etc.. Getting out on the track made his childhood dream become a reality. Funny story: growing up my sister and I couldn’t stand watching TV at Bobby’s house, because the only thing he had to watch were in car videos of him racing!

We are deeply saddened by his death, but glad he lived a fulfilling life. We do not have a date for the celebration of life yet, but more information will follow. If anyone has any photos/videos of Bobby we would love it if you would share them. Please email them to kachaney2011@gmail.com. Thank you!

November 09, 2019 at 7:27 am, Bruce Fuchiwaki said:

I was pitted next to him during the final event at Thunderhill, where he earned six flags for six races. I can see him now waving those flags. It was a moment that few have ever experienced. Proud to have known him.

November 09, 2019 at 8:44 pm, Brad Dressen said:

I just heard of the very sad news. I feel truly privileged to have raced with him, learned from him, and to have called him my friend. He was a driver’s driver that you could always trust to do the right thing, on track. I will miss him greatly. RIP Bob.

November 11, 2019 at 4:57 am, Stephen Arellano said:

I knew Bob since High School and he was the best friend I ever had. We raced each other since the first day we had our drivers license’s. He is the reason I made it to racing in SCCA and we had some epic battles on the racetrack. Thank you SCCA. And thank you Bob for all of the awesome memories.💖💖

November 13, 2019 at 2:05 am, Kim willcox said:

Rip bobcat. Kim will ox

November 13, 2019 at 10:29 pm, Eric White said:

i have been working with Bob for the last 5 years selling him bikes and bike gear for his store. i am absolutely stunned. He was my favorite dealer as he had an amazing sense of humor and knowledge about SOO many things. i remember when his whole trailer and car got stolen and the long time it took to replace it, which seems like yesterday. I was looking forward to getting a beer and a bike ride with him this coming spring. The world is a sadder place without his great outlook and presence. damn.

November 13, 2019 at 11:14 pm, Cathey Cort said:

I am so saddened to hear about the loss of BOb Bradfield. My heart goes out to Annie and his family. Annie, you will hear from me soon. Love, Cathey

November 20, 2019 at 5:43 pm, virginia said:

Annie, (and family)-
I am stunned to hear of Bob’s (Brad Bobfield, I mistakenly called him the first few times, and it kinda stuck).
I will never forget meeting him for the first time at the bike show. He always made me laugh, and spoke his mind (not much of a filter in his brain), which I loved and admired. I had some of the BEST bike rides with him. Jackie and Kaelah, running next to us in Nicene. Annie, always the gracious host with all the people he drug home to play in his back yard. We’d ride early in the morning, conduct Business afterwards. One of my favorite days working as a Rep. My warm felt hugs go out to you Annie. I am truly saddened to hear of his passing.

November 21, 2019 at 6:21 am, Paul Gilbert said:

Bob, You will leave a huge whole in our Hearts and the Grid that won’t be filled. You were a joy to be around and will be missed by so many! I loved racing with you because I always knew what you were going to do. I will miss trading jokes with you. I love you Man!!

November 23, 2019 at 8:17 pm, Matthew Enemark said:

I’ve known Bob since the mid-80s and couldn’t remember the first group ride with him and about eight other fellow MTB’rs.I believe the ride was in Point Reyes and after a Couple of mile climb reach the summit just a head of the group behind me was Andy Ramirez and behind him was Bob.Thesoon to closed single track began through the redwood forest,steep with extreme switch backs.Prestine and duffy,can still remember the smells of huge redwoods and mamouth green ferns.As the descent rolled on I could hear some yelling get out of the way,in time I felt to be holding riders up and conceded the lead to Andy with Bob hot in toe.I followed as Bob rubbed front tire to Andy’s rear tire sounding like a buzz saw ,the forest smell changed to a slight burn rubberish smell.Bob with extreme persistence surpassed Andy.When we all met at the bottom of the trail pulled aside in extreme excitement and vigor,I was put aside at the way Bob acted like nothing had happened at all and that what just happened was just normal racing and so it was.Bob raised our skill level each and every ride.Missing Bobcat every day:-(.My Heart goes out to Sweet Annie

November 27, 2019 at 4:53 am, Rod Nelson said:

Damn it! I will miss you my friend.
Rod Nelson

November 29, 2019 at 7:57 pm, Bruce Ackerman said:

Bob = FAST !

Teamed with Rusty – Nearly unbeatable !

Excelled in life, Incredibly competitive and gave us so much ….

On this Thanksgiving weekend, so appropriate to give back to the club in Bob’s name. See, he’s still giving !

December 04, 2019 at 8:39 pm, Philip Glendon said:

I just read in the Wheel of the sad news that Bob passed away and I can’t believe it, what a shock! As a volunteer with the San Francisco region SCCA Grid Control, I have known Bob for almost 20 years. Bob was always one of the first to arrive on Grid for the next practice or qualifying session. As soon as he parked his car, he would jump out, with his huge smile, and say hello, shake hands and hang out with all the Grid folks. He always thanked us and made us feel good about being there. He was always nice and in a great mood. His smile was contagious and he was one of those people who always made your day at the racetrack. He will surely be missed on Grid the rest of the weekends at the track. It will not be the same without Bob being there. I’m very glad that I got to know him. My thoughts and prayers are with Annie and the rest of Bob’s family and friends. He will remain always in our hearts. Bob has now collected his final checkered flag.