Bob Bradfield has Passed Away

November 3rd, 2019 by James Chartres

We have just learned of the tragic death of Bob (Bobcat) Bradfield. He will be greatly be missed by the racing community. Our thoughts and condolences are with his friends and family.

Bob Passed away unexpectedly on Friday, November 1st. His wife, Annie, and family  have requested, in lieu of flowers, that donations be made to the SFR Region Workers Appreciation Fund. This fund assists Volunteers for the region in covering various expenses incurred during their many hours of volunteering and making the Regional Road Racing program work. God Speed Bobcat!

11 Responses to “Bob Bradfield has Passed Away”

November 03, 2019 at 6:42 pm, Bruce Brunner said:

Truly sad news for all of us.

November 04, 2019 at 2:35 pm, Donna Gilio said:

I am so sad to hear of this tragic news. I will never forget our epic battles racing together. I am gonna miss you Bobcat. We will all be together in racing heaven with our other friend, Ron Cortez

November 04, 2019 at 8:02 pm, Jim Griffin said:

Bob was a great guy and I met him through his bicycle shop. Bought all my bikes from him and had the privilege to watch him race recently at Laguna.
His positive attitude and knowledge will be missed.

November 04, 2019 at 8:44 pm, Ali Naimi said:

A true racer in heart and enjoyed all our conversations at the track and will truly miss you. May you rest in peace and know that you touched a lot of people and will miss you dearly.

November 04, 2019 at 9:04 pm, Randy Mackintosh said:

RIP Bobcat…you were ALWAYS one I could count on to put a smile on my face at the track…so many hours of fun and good times…

November 05, 2019 at 2:25 pm, Brent Hatchet said:

Bobcat Rides Forever

November 06, 2019 at 12:03 am, James hull said:

In my first season I learned alot from bob. He was one of many of my mentor’s going through my first year back to racing.
His smile. His crew. His team are all in my heart.
turn 4 at Laguna won’t be the same.
Jim

November 06, 2019 at 8:34 am, Kyle Chaney said:

Hello Racing Community,

This is Bobcat’s nephew. Thank you so much for your kind words. Bobby absolutely loved getting out on the track as much as possible and all the camaraderie he felt there. Since before he could even drive all he ever wanted to do was go fast, whether it was a bike, Skis, motorcycle, etc.. Getting out on the track made his childhood dream become a reality. Funny story: growing up my sister and I couldn’t stand watching TV at Bobby’s house, because the only thing he had to watch were in car videos of him racing!

We are deeply saddened by his death, but glad he lived a fulfilling life. We do not have a date for the celebration of life yet, but more information will follow. If anyone has any photos/videos of Bobby we would love it if you would share them. Please email them to kachaney2011@gmail.com. Thank you!

November 09, 2019 at 7:27 am, Bruce Fuchiwaki said:

I was pitted next to him during the final event at Thunderhill, where he earned six flags for six races. I can see him now waving those flags. It was a moment that few have ever experienced. Proud to have known him.

November 09, 2019 at 8:44 pm, Brad Dressen said:

I just heard of the very sad news. I feel truly privileged to have raced with him, learned from him, and to have called him my friend. He was a driver’s driver that you could always trust to do the right thing, on track. I will miss him greatly. RIP Bob.

November 11, 2019 at 4:57 am, Stephen Arellano said:

I knew Bob since High School and he was the best friend I ever had. We raced each other since the first day we had our drivers license’s. He is the reason I made it to racing in SCCA and we had some epic battles on the racetrack. Thank you SCCA. And thank you Bob for all of the awesome memories.💖💖