Hi, my name is Linda Rogaski. People are asking me, why are you running for the Board? Good question. I like many of you have been complaining about how things are going. I decided it’s time to stop complaining and take responsibility to try and help.
This Region belongs to all of us, and our voices need to be heard. If I am elected I commit in the first 12 months to:
- Opening two-way lines of communication, I will let you know how and why decisions are made. I will listen to your concerns and suggestions and take the information to the Board.
- Establishing work-groups to address issues the Region is facing today, such as:
- Member recruitment
- Volunteer training
- Competition from other sanctioning bodies
- Passing the torch from baby boomers to millennials and younger members
- Identifying what we do well and how do we build on it
- Identifying what we should be doing better and how do we get there
Jim and I have been members of SFR for almost 40 years. In the early years we were auto-crossers and then moved to road racing. I started doing registration back in our autocross days and stayed with registration in road racing. It’s the best crew there is, you get to meet everyone! I have seen a lot of change in those 40 years. Once upon a time we were the only game in town. Times have changed, people have changed, and we need to make sure the Region changes also.
We have an outstanding autocross program in three different areas of the Region. The needs and challenges are different for each area. Let’s address those needs and make sure our autocross program remains strong and grows.
Road Racing has seen many challenges over the years. Right now we are experiencing strong competition from other sanctioning bodies, escalating track rental costs, and reduced number of volunteers. What can we take from other groups that make them successful, how can we adapt those programs to fit out needs? We need to build a Region that supports the passion that our members have for the various racing venues.
This certainly is not going to be done by one person or five people. This will take the efforts of all our membership to build the Region we want SFR to be.
Let’s do this!