Calendar of Events
|Written by Administrator|
San Francisco Region
Solo II Policy Statement
1. ORGANIZATIONThis organization shall be the duly recognized administrative body for all Solo II activities within the San Francisco Region of the Sports Car Club of America, with the exception of duly recognized San Francisco Region Chapters.
2. NAMEThe name of the organization shall be the "San Francisco Solo II membership." The leadership organization for the Solo II membership shall be called the "Solo II Steering Committee".
4. CHARTERThe charter of the organization shall be, in conjunction with the San Francisco Region Chapters, to sponsor, organize, administer, and develop the Solo II program within the San Francisco Region.
5. COMPETITION RULESSan Francisco Region Solo II events will run under current SCCA Solo II Rules as amended by the Regional Supplementary Event Regulations.
6. SUPPLEMENTARY REGULATIONSThe Supplementary Regulations for the Region's Solo II events shall be administered by the Solo II Steering Committee. Amendment of the Supplementary regulations requires approval by a two-thirds majority vote of the legally constituted Steering Committee.
7. SOLO II STEERING COMMITTEEThe affairs, property and financial resources of the Solo II membership shall be managed by the Solo II Steering Committee. The Solo II Steering Committee shall be comprised of:
A. The Solo II Chairperson shall be elected by the Solo II Steering Committee, subject to confirmation by the Regional Executive. The Solo II Chairperson will serve at the discretion of the Region Board. The terms of the Chairperson shall be for one year running from January through December. The Chairperson may serve for no more than three (3) consecutive terms. The Chairperson shall act as the chief executive of the Solo II organization and shall preside at all meetings. The Chairperson may appoint officers from the Steering Committee membership or the Solo II membership at large, individuals and committees to carry on the proper work of the organization. All appointees of the Chairperson serve at the pleasure of the Chairperson.
8. TERMS OF OFFICEOfficers will serve for a term of one year or until their successors are appointed.
9. APPOINTMENT CONFLICTSIn the event there is a conflict between the Solo II Steering Committee and the San Francisco Region's Board of Directors regarding any appointment by the Chairperson, the appointment may be over-ridden by a two-thirds majority of the qualified Steering Committee members. Should the Region's Board of Directors not confirm the elected Solo II Chairperson, a meeting of the Steering Committee and the Region's Board of Directors will be held to resolve the conflict.
10. ROBERTS RULES OF ORDERRoberts Rules of Order shall govern all parliamentary proceedings of the Solo II Steering Committee.
11. NOTICE OF MEETINGSA written notice stating the location, place, and time of the monthly meeting shall be submitted by the Secretary for publication in The Wheel in the edition prior to the meeting.
12. BUSINESS MEETINGSThere shall be a regularly scheduled Solo II Steering Committee meeting on a monthly basis. The location of the meeting shall be selected by the Chairperson. The regular meetings of the Steering Committee will be open to the membership. Specially called meetings, may be held upon reasonable notice and can be restricted to the Chairperson, appointees, and Steering Committee members only. Members or guests wishing to address the Steering Committee on an item of business may do so after contacting the Chairperson and requesting to be added to the agenda. Only Steering Committee members may vote on issues discussed at the Steering Committee meetings. The Chairperson shall prepare the agenda for the meeting.
13. QUORUMAt all Solo II Steering Committee meetings, the minimum of either 10 members or 50% of the Steering Committee membership must be present to constitute a voting quorum.
14. VOTINGAll actions except amendments to this Policy Statement, or as otherwise provided in this Policy Statement, shall be by majority of the Solo II Steering Committee present and voting provided there is a quorum, as noted above.
15. PROMISES, OBLIGATIONSNo members of the Steering Committee shall incur any obligation, debts or other liability on behalf of the Solo II Steering Committee without the specific prior approval of the Chairperson and the Steering Committee. No member of the Steering Committee may incur any obligation of the San Francisco Region, which exceeds the current Solo II operating funds or personnel without the specific prior approval of the Region's Board of Directors.
16. AMENDMENTS OF THE POLICY STATEMENTAny member of the Solo II Steering Committee or any twenty-five (25) members of the Solo II membership by written petition submitted to the Secretary, may propose an amendment to the Solo II Policy. All petitions, in order to be presented to the general membership, must be approved by the Steering Committee. The Chairperson shall select a committee to draft the amendment in proper form for submission to the membership. The language being added shall be underlined and the language being deleted shall be shown in strikeout.
Upon such amendment being drafted, it shall be published in The Wheel for a referendum. The Steering Committee shall prepare a ballot for this referendum which includes the member's membership number. These ballots will be mailed to the Solo II membership during the month the amendment appears in The Wheel. Sixty (60) days from the date of publication of The Wheel shall be allowed for balloting. If two-thirds of the Solo II membership submitting ballots are in favor of the amendment, the amendment shall thereby be approved and adopted. This amendment, when approved by the general membership, shall take effect at the next regularly scheduled Solo II Steering Committee meeting unless two-thirds of the San Francisco Region Board of Directors overrides the amendments.
|Last Updated ( Thursday, 28 January 2010 )|