Calendar of Events
|Name:||Sonoma Sprints - Infineon Double Rational|
|Category:||Road Racing Schedule|
|Date:||06-07-2012 - 08-07-2012|
|Time:||07:30 - 15:30|
Sonoma Sprints featuring Spec Miata Festival
Infineon Raceway, Sonoma
< National-length sessions and races
< Points for either Sunoco Regional Series or National
< Added Spec Miata Festival Race on Sunday for SMT & SSM entries
Driver registration and Express Tech will be open Thursday afternoon, July 5, from 3-6 pm in the Drivers Lounge.
Online Registration: http://sfrscca.motorsportreg.com/
Group 2 will have three Regional points races this weekend; Group 2 will not run at Laguna Seca on September 28-30 Regional/Enduro weekend
Supplemental Regulations for July 6-8, 2012 Rational
This event will be held under the 2012 SCCA General Competition Rules and the 2012 SFR Supplemental Regulations.
1. The 2012 GCR outlines rules for running combined events in Section 3.1.7. If you are not familiar with a Regional/National event, please read it.
2. All aspects of this event will be conducted in accordance with the standards that apply to a National event.
3. Protest fees are $50 for National entrants, $25 for Regional entrants, in accordance with GCR 8.3.1.D.
4. Entry Status: Drivers are required to declare as they register whether they are competing for Regional or National finishes and points, and will NOT be able to change their entry status after the beginning of the event.
5. Finishing position will be determined by competition among drivers of the same class and the same entry status, i.e., Regional or National. National license holders can run for Regional points. Regional license holders cannot run for National points.
6. Grid position will be determined by fastest qualifying lap time regardless of class or entry status, thereby putting faster cars at the front.
7. In order to maximize track time for all competitors, the SFR BoD has directed the Stewards to modify the schedule due to on–track incidents. The schedule will be corrected at the expense of the offending group.
8. Results, points and trophies will be distributed separately for National and Regional races.
First Annual Sonoma County Food Drive
In partnership with the Speedway Children’s Charities, San Francisco Region will be conducting a food drive at the Rational July 6-8 at Infineon Raceway to support the Redwood Empire Food Bank. The Speedway Children’ Charities mission is:
“To care for children in educational, financial, social and medical need in order to help them lead productive lives.”
The Redwood Empire Food Bank serves 78,000 Sonoma County residents which includes 34,000 children and over 11,000 seniors monthly in need of their most basic necessity: FOOD. Without school food programs many children are underfed and undernourished in the summer months. The Food Bank provide 28,000 meals each day totaling 13 million pounds annually. For every $1 donated they can distribute $4 worth of food.
In supporting the work of the Speedway Children’s Charities with the Redwood Empire Food Bank SFR can say thank you to a community which has supported racing for many years. Please be generous. There will be food barrels located at Race Administration and at Social. Race Administration will also have donation envelopes available for tax deductible financial gifts.