Calendar of Events
|Name:||Double Your Fun Regionals|
|Category:||Road Racing Schedule|
|Date:||08-06-2012 - 10-06-2012|
|Time:||07:30 - 15:30|
SFR Sunoco Championship Series Double Regional
featuring Spec Racer Ford Festival
June 8-10, 2012
Online Registration - http://sfrscca.motorsportreg.com/
SRF Festival added events include:
Additional race for Spec Racer Fords on Sunday included in Double Regional entry fee
Raffle for all SRF drivers
Sunoco/Thunderhill Rewards drawings on Sunday; special podium celebration on Saturday
Saturday, June 9 is Group 2 Friends and Family Day
Your invited guests will be treated to a behind-the-scenes tour of the famous racetrack and facilities, parade laps at lunchtime, a Racing group photo for the Wheel at Impound, individual family photos, and more. For complete information and to RSVP by June 1, contact Lisa@sfrscca.org or 530-934-4455.
Race Entry fees:
Double Regional $535
Single Regional $355
Dual entry (same driver, second class, both races) $220
Run Group Format
GROUP 2 FA, FB, FS, ASR, CSR, DSR, S2, FE, FM, SR
GROUP 3 ITE, SS, GT1, GT2, GT3, GTL, GTA, SP, EP, AS, N3, NL
GROUP 4 FF, CF, FV, F5, FST, FC
GROUP 5 ITS, ITA, ITB/C, ITR, F/HP, STL, STU, ITX, T1, T2, T3, SSB, SSC, STO, GTP, E30
GROUP 6 SRF
GROUP 7 SMT, SSM
Group 8 Pirelli Cup
Thunderhill Rewards and Sunoco Contingency Awards for June 8-10
The following classes will have $100 drawings for entry credits in MotorsportReg:
• SMT/SSM - 14 winners
• SRF - 9 winners
• ITA - 7- winners
• CF/FF - 4 winners
• FV - 4 winners
• SS - 4 winners
• ITE - 4 winners
• DSR - 4 winners
Winning names are picked in Impound after the second race of the weekend.
• Thunderhill Reward$ and Sunoco funds will be combined.
• Drawings will take place in Impound at the end of the second race of the weekend.
• Each drawing will be for a $100 credit on MotorsportsReg.com and can be used at any upcoming SFR event at any track.
• Each Driver will have one ticket put into the drawing pool based on whether he ran in qualifying. If you did not qualify, but are entered in the event, please let us know prior to the drawing in Impound and we will add your name.
• You DO NOT need to be in Impound to win; we’ll track you down.
• When you win a drawing, your ticket will be removed from the drawing pool.
• The drawing pool is cumulative, meaning every time you enter a race weekend your name will be added. If your name is not drawn, it will remain till the next drawing. The more you enter, the better chance you have to win.
• You can win only one time per group. If your name is drawn and you have already won at that event, it will be returned to the drawing pool.
Competition Safety Gear will provide safety gear services and rentals at the SFR Regional at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca for June 8-10 Double Regional.
Bob Weiss of Competition Safety Gear will provide these services at the track:
- Inventory of restraint devices on hand
- Will attach devices purchased from him for free
- Will allow 3 monthly payments
- Will rent devices for the weekend with rental fee credited toward the purchase
- Will also rent Snell SA legal helmets, with rental fee credited toward the purchase
Helmets and restraints are in limited supply, so first come first served. Any interested parties can call ahead or email to reserve. 408 410-9352 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bob will be at Laguna on Friday only, however any rentals would be for the entire weekend if needed, and he would make arrangements for their return unless the renters choose to purchase the items.
Look for the Competition Safety Gear trailer near Race Administration.
Food Bank for Monterey County Food Drive
Mark your calendars! The San Francisco Region is conducting its annual food drive for the Food Bank for Monterey County. This will be the fifth year San Francisco Region has supported this effort. Please bring non-perishable foods and/or a tax deductible financial donation to the June 7-10 Double Regional at Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca event to support this effort.
The Food Bank serves 10,800 Monterey County residents weekly. One-fifth of the population of Monterey County is eligible to receive food assistance. These people are low-income, seniors and children. With every $1 donated the Food Bank is able to provide $8 worth of groceries including fresh fruits and vegetables, milk, and meat.
There is great need for these services and supporting the Food Bank gives SFR an opportunity to help a community who has welcomed us for many years. Please be generous. There will be food barrels at Race Administration, Social and the Track Administration Office. Race Administration will also have donation envelopes for tax deductible financial gifts.